A Picture I Took By My Bus Stop (I will have to look up the name)

A Picture I Took By My Bus Stop (I will have to look up the name)
I think these are Clematis (but don't quote me!) - This picture was taken by my bus stop

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Another Dreary Saturday - Sometimes Dreams are Just Dreams

First I want to apologize if you've been receiving too many of my posts.  I thought about this as I was updating my poem.  I shouldn't post until I'm ready to.  Perhaps the way to go is to save everything I write as a draft and then when I'm absolutely, absolutely sure it's perfect, I will post.  The problem is that in the past I've waited for the absolute perfect, perfect version which kept me from submitting my work or showing it to anyone.  I see now what a mistake that was.  Sure.  How old am I now?  But you know the saying, "youth is wasted on the young."  So true, but that time was not all wasted and the decision is not irreversible.  I am making up for lost time.  Sometimes getting what you want is not the answer.  Maybe the universe was keeping me from making an even bigger mistake!


I don't want to keep harping on this, but you must let your writing see the light of day even if you don't become the success you think you want to be.  Don't let your writing fester in dark closets or under the bed,  picking up dust. 


I haven't had an arresting dream in a long time. This morning I remember one part vividly:  I was with a bunch of friends who were planning a rock concert and they were going on about what a great concert it would be, etc., etc., and I, or a version of myself as the voice of reason said, "You must remember you can dream all you want, but sometimes dreams are just dreams."   Will this be true for me?  I hope not.   


Ciao for now.  I need to get back to the business at hand - more editing - hopefully writing the most  amazing stories that publishers will fall all over themselves to publish.

Sorry after saying all that about not posting too many times, here I go.  I had to change the font - it's too small for me to see!

4 comments:

  1. Ah, so true. I think the line was in "It's a Wonderful Life." You know they were walking home and talking, and the older guy asked if Jimmy Stewart was going to kiss Donna Reed. And when he acted confused, the older man said, "Ah, youth is wasted on the wrong people."

    My constant moto from everyone, including myself, is NEVER GIVE UP!

    Dreams can be had. But unfortunately they're work.

    Oh, hell, I think I just came up with another saying! Excuse me while I go write that one down somewhere!
    Take care Dora Dee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! Second time I've lost a comment!!! Keep my fingers crossed I don't lose it again. This time I'm not using preview...

    Lorelei,

    Thanks for your insightful comment. I'm glad you reminded us that "Dreams can be had. But unfortunately they're work." I would much prefer being in bed, nursing my allergies, rather than on my notebook typing away, not to mention that my house needs a thorough cleaning!!! No pain, no gain. That's the way life is. I just have to be reminded every so often not to give up :)

    You have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought I'd pop over and say hello :)

    Great post!

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lady Antimony! I hope my blog page looks as nice as yours one day. Very new at this.

    ReplyDelete