A Picture I Took By My Bus Stop (I will have to look up the name)

A Picture I Took By My Bus Stop (I will have to look up the name)
I think these are Clematis (but don't quote me!) - This picture was taken by my bus stop

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

So I Lied...I'm Posting a Poem After All

We Rushed In

We rushed in like fools
for what we thought was love.
Loving then meant kind words,
and I was your “dear” and “honey,”
free to live out the future
without second guessing what we had.
Each day was easy, nothing was hard.
Words were spoken tenderly,
as we lay awake at night,
and we made love,
exploring,
devouring,
coming together as one.

And then the nights brought questions
We couldn’t find answers for.
The pillow was my friend
when words were hardly spoken,
when backs were turned,
when silence led us deeper
into regrets and doubts.

You couldn’t love me,
You couldn’t love yourself,
You couldn’t love the world
that embraced you.
Nothing was enough,
not the house,
not our son, whose searching
eyes you couldn’t pity.

Now someone else has taken my place.
Words of endearment
are hers now.
She is your "honey."
She is your "love."
You have taken
possession of all that she owns, all that she is.

Your shadow will soon fade,
But questions will remain
Haunting her days

No comments:

Post a Comment