A Picture I Took By My Bus Stop (I will have to look up the name)

A Picture I Took By My Bus Stop (I will have to look up the name)
I think these are Clematis (but don't quote me!) - This picture was taken by my bus stop

Friday, May 6, 2011

Thank God It's Friday...Grazie a Dio che e Venerdi'

Hello Friends/ Ciao Amici,
I have so many Aliases I'm even confusing myself/Ci'ho tanti nomi che mi sono confusa pure io!

E la storia della mia vita / It's the story of my life

I've always live two lives/Ho sempre vissuto due vite (my Italian friends if this is incorrect, please let me know!)

Italiana/Americana/Seria/Capriciossa/Artista/Fannulona/

Spero che un giorno avro' soltando una identita' e che' il mondo sapra' di me/One day I hope to have one identity and that the world will know of me!

Okay enough of the experiment.  I wanted all of you to know what's it's like to know two languages.  I love it.  I wish I knew more languages except that it's troublesome when I try to explain or express certain feelings or ideas.  My emotions are still tied up with my Italian heritage.  Certain Italian words evoke the deepest stirrings:  Neve (snow), mela (apple), Fior di mandorla (almond flowers?). mare (sea), for example.  Sometimes I am caught unaware and the Italian word will come to me before the English word.

At one time- I wanted nothing to do with being Italian.  I wanted to be American through and through, but if you wish to write, like I do, you need to become friends with your deepest feelings -- you cannot shun them -- and I've come to realize that those were formed growing up in Italy.  Like it or not, they must be examined and archived so they can be retrieved at will, but they cannot be cast off.  But this conversation is getting way too serious for a Friday night! I'm off to add more color to my page.  Hopefully it will make you smile and want to come back more often.

Ciao per ora/Bye for Now - Buona Notte - Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment