A Picture I Took By My Bus Stop (I will have to look up the name)

A Picture I Took By My Bus Stop (I will have to look up the name)
I think these are Clematis (but don't quote me!) - This picture was taken by my bus stop

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Allergies Ugh!

Headache, scratchy throat, coughing, a buzzing in my ear.  Er - excuse me, what did you say?  You heard right.  I am one of those fortunate few who have tinnitus and when it's allergy season (like it is now), it sounds like I have a hundreds cicadas renting out my ear.  It also affects my equilibrium.  At these times I feel like I'm booked on a cruise to nowhere which is being tossed and turned at sea and I'm screaming "Mamma, I want to get off!"   Thankfully it hasn't gotten to that point...yet. 

I am taking care of myself -  drinking hot tea (lemon and ginger) and it feels good going down.  I need another cup.  You'll excuse me if I don't stay too long tonight, right?  The good news is that I think I'm done with A Taste of Nightshade.  I say think because who know what I'll say tomorrow. I'm pretty confident it's ready for another round of submissions and when I re-read St. Rocco's Feast, a troubling passage that had me writing and rewriting, suddenly became clear.  Nothing like a little distance to zero in on what's missing.  Whatever.  I need to stop -- I can't keep adding and removing the same word!  It has happened.  My next project is No Wilting Wallflower, She.  After that story is done, the sky's the limit.  I'm curious to see what kind of stories I will be writing next. 


Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment