A Picture I Took By My Bus Stop (I will have to look up the name)

A Picture I Took By My Bus Stop (I will have to look up the name)
I think these are Clematis (but don't quote me!) - This picture was taken by my bus stop

Monday, April 11, 2011

There Are Some Things I Can't Do With My Blackberry....

Yesterday I spent all day learning the ins and outs of blogging (thank you Lorelei for taking me under your wings and showing me the way!) and tonight I am back, like the faithful follower that I am.   I learned how to post comments, how to change fonts, etc. and most importantly how to change the background...I wish I had such control over the rest of my life.  

I don't have a handle yet on what I want to say, my "platform" so to speak - no I'm not participating in the Miss America contest - but I thought this would be a great exercise to get the writing muscles going.  It's been so long I was sure they had atrophied but it looks like they haven't withered altogether!   


On my way home, (and the way home today was torturous - that tale will have to wait for another blog) I was sure I wouldn't even look at the computer but here I am!   Most of my writing "extra-curricular" activities these days, as I like to call them, have been taking place on my Blackberry but unfortunately blogging from my Blackberry will have to wait.  Apparently there is a way, but I will wait until my son comes home from college - there's only so much learning my 50+ year-old brain can take - so I had no choice but to log on.


How much do I love my Blackberry?  Without my Blackberry I wouldn't have been able to reach out across the world (hello my friends at Thresholds Short Story Forum and a special hello to Tania Hershman writer extraordinaire who's kindly following my blog) and participate in their Q&A with so many wonderful writers such as Robert Shearman, Hanif Kureishi, Alison MacLeod, Adam Marek, David Vann and last but not least Loree Westron and the University of Chichester and all of the wonderful students and bloggers who participate in keeping the website thriving with knowledge and activity.  It is full of many wonderful links and articles geared towards short story writing and it is free!  Please check it out, you won't be disappointed.  Thank you so much for all of your kindness and I hope to make you all proud someday (I hope soon).  Without my Blackberry and with the crazy job I have, there was no way I could have participated with the wonderful community on Writer's Digest and met so many wonderful and helpful writers (thanks again Lorelei) who have given me such a crash course on writing and publishing. I could go on and on but I don't want to bore you and I'm also very sleepy.  In short, my friends, the Blackberry has allowed me to live another life, the life I have always wanted to live but couldn't.  I am so grateful that I can do this today.  You know what they say,  "Today is the first day of the rest of your life."    Live Now. 

Good Night all.    

No comments:

Post a Comment