A Picture I Took By My Bus Stop (I will have to look up the name)

A Picture I Took By My Bus Stop (I will have to look up the name)
I think these are Clematis (but don't quote me!) - This picture was taken by my bus stop

Monday, April 18, 2011

It's Only Monday And Time Doesn't Stand Still

Time.  We always think we have lots of time but the fact of the matter is that we don't.  We never know when our time on this earth is over.  This hour, this minute is to be lived fully.  We must remove any thoughts of could of, or would of - the time to act is now; each day must be lived doing something you love.  I haven't done too bad in this department.  Some obstacles where thrown in my way but something greater guided me and made sure that every day I got to play, to work, to enjoy.  I did not give in to self-pity though I see how I could have lived more.  The past is dead.  It cannot come back.  The past cannot live.  And no matter how much you think things were much better back then, it's how satisfied you are with your life today that matters most.  

Today I can truly say that I'm happy.  I'm happy because I can finally voice what I feel and even if the expression of it is not up to par, if I still hesitate and stumble, I know that I can change it if I am willing to learn.  This morning I was on cloud nine because I had achieved something which I had only dreamed of, that I never thought was possible, yet tonight the doubts started again.  Someone critiqued my writing and showed me my weaknesses and now I'm feeling dejected, dispirited.  Do I think I'm perfect?  Is that it?  I can never be perfect.  I am a work in progress.  

Time doesn't stand still and neither do I.  I can evolve if I let go of my fears.   

No comments:

Post a Comment